3 Pillars of Spartans Mind
Boxing is one of the few training modalities with empirical evidence supporting its application to mental health. Many people don’t engage in fitness due to poor mental health brought about by trauma and depression. We want to address this and have designed a specialised 8-week programme that runs in conjunction with psychotherapy, to help a person on the road to recovery.
- What’s the difference between mental and physical health? Other than physical being about the body and mental being about emotions, social and psychological wellbeing – not that much. They are impacted by similar things, they both impact how you feel and they’re completely intertwined. That’s why it’s as important to look after your mental health as your physical health to be at your optimum. Check out our partnership with Spartans Boxing Club to find out more.
- Why measure Mental Fitness? If you can’t measure something, you can’t truly understand it and take the right steps to improve it. So we’ve fixed the issue of measuring Mental Fitness and wellbeing through our Evexia Mental Fitness App. By understanding your mental well-being, you can identify areas that need improvement and take the right steps to feel your best. Why not measure for yourself? Download our app now by searching Evexia Mental Fitness on app stores.
- Why the 3 pillars; Calm, Focus and Energy? These three pillars correspond to different parts of the brain, different behaviours and feelings. It’s a simple way to capture the key elements of Mental Fitness based on neuroscience research. There are some other aspects of Mental Fitness, such as Social Connection, which we will bring in for the future. Read more about our methodology on www.evexiacollective.com/the-science.
- How do you measure Mental Fitness? We ask you questions which only take a minute to complete, using our algorithm, this calculates your overall Mental Fitness score, and the break down by Mental Fitness pillars; Calm, Focus and Energy. There are more features coming soon which will add to how we calculate the measurements! Give the app a try by searching Evexia Mental Fitness in app stores or read more about our methodology on www.evexiacollective.com/the-science.
- Why is your solution in an app? An app is the easiest way to make measuring your mental fitness as easy and least time-consuming as possible. It’s always on you, it doesn’t impact your day much, it’s less effort than the alternatives and we’re all so used to using them. We have designed our solution to be the easiest and most fun way to check up on your Mental Fitness. Why not try it out for a few days and give us feedback ,we’re always looking for ways to improve.
- Why Mental Fitness? Because we all have minds and we should all exercise and strengthen our minds to be the best version of ourselves that we can be. Mental Fitness is the proactive and preventative side of mental health and it plays on the journey that physical fitness has been on over the past 20 years. We want to put mental fitness on par with physical fitness. Join our journey by trying out the app by searching Evexia Mental Fitness in app store.
- How often should I use the app? As often as you want – the more you use it, the more value you’ll get out of it. But we’ve designed it so that it’s not too onerous. I personally enjoy using it when I first wake up – it helps set me up for my day.
- Why do I have to answer questions? By taking a brief moment to answer questions regularly, it makes you think about how you are actually feeling. This can help you to become more aware of your own thoughts, behaviours and emotions which all contribute to Mental Fitness and how you feel day to day. It’s also the best way for us to measure. So download and try our app today and see how answering a few questions regularly helps with your self-reflection.
- What are we measuring? We are measuring emotions, behaviours and thoughts that you have about yourself. Your answers to questions create a score and our algorithm calculates this score into an overall mental fitness score and the breakdown of your energy, calm and focus levels. Seeing your strengths and weaknesses here allows you to take our recommended steps to improve them. Reach out to me via our website if you’d like to learn more.
- What’s the benefit to me? We could all do with feeling calmer and happier but did you know that how you’re feeling directly impacts your work and how you are as a friend and family member. Rather than waiting until we’re so stressed that we are struggling, strengthening your MF with our app to become the very version of yourself. Try it today – search Evexia Mental Fitness on app stores now.
- What’s the connection between Mental Fitness and boxing? So much of boxing is a mental game, so strengthening your mental fitness will improve your boxing, as well as making you a better employee, friend and family member..Sign up with your Spartans code today to try the app.
- Why should you care? Because we are changing the game and giving you the tools to work on your MF alongside your PF. This will help you become a better boxer, team member, employee and friend. It helps you get more enjoyment out of life and to feel better on a day to day basis. Try the app today and give us feedback as we’re always looking for way to improve.